Symptoms: marked reduction of tamoxifen weight gain blood pressure, sometimes accompanied by fainting. Treatment: the patient immediately to be placed in a horizontal position, lift the leg. Symptomatic therapy. Hemodialysis is ineffective.
Interaction with Drug
Doxazosin increases the hypotensive effect of antihypertensive drugs. There were no adverse interaction with the simultaneous use of doxazosin and thiazide diuretics, furosemide, beta-blockers, blockers “slow” calcium channel blockers,inhibitors, antibiotics, oral hypoglycaemic agents, uricosuric agents, and anticoagulants.
The drug has no effect on the degree of binding to plasma proteins blood digoxin, phenytoin.
in an application with inducers of microsomal oxidation in the liver may increase the effectiveness of doxazosin with inhibitors – lowering. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (especially indomethacin), estrogen and sympathomimetic agents may reduce the antihypertensive effect of doxazosin. Eliminating alpha adrenostimuliruyuschee effects of epinephrine, doxazosin may lead to tachycardia and hypotension. Cimetidine increases tamoxifen weight gain of doxazosin.
Inhibitors of phosphodiesterase-5 may enhance the hypotensive effect of doxazosin (be careful)
Doxazosin should be used with caution in patients with:
- impaired liver function, especially in cases of appointment of drugs that can affect liver function. In case of deterioration of the functional state of the liver drug overturned immediately.
- to prevent orthostatic reactions, patients should avoid unexpected and sudden shifts in body position (transition from a lying position to a standing position)
- Caution should be exercised when used together with phosphodiesterase inhibitors (for the treatment of erectile dysfunction), as in some patients it can lead to symptomatic hypotension
- Due to the fact that doxazosin can cause orthostatic reaction initially or during the treatment of increasing dosage, it is advisable to refrain from all potentially dangerous activities, in tamoxifen weight gain particular from car driving, in other vehicles and mechanisms
- Drinking alcohol can increase adverse reactions.